This page is meant to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and how you can update, manage, export, and delete your information.
Cohabs™ is committed to protect your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of members personal information very seriously.
Cohabs Services SA
Rue Fritz Toussaint 55
1050 Ixelles, Belgium
Enterprise number: 0663.681.720.
“Account“ contains all information and content that a registered User has provided on the Platform. This contains personal information, history, complaints, pictures, etc.
“Application“ is related to Cohabs mobile application that can be used by the tenants to log an incident in a house, see other tenant’s profiles, check information about the house, etc.
“Tenant“ is each person who has entered in a rental agreement facilitated by Cohabs™ to live in one of the houses that Cohabs™ manages.
“Cohabs™“ is a company that manages coliving spaces in the name of landlords by finding tenants, managing their move-in, stay and move-out and tracking payment of rents.
“Platform“ (included Cohabs’ "Site", "Application" and "Services") is an online platform used by tenants and future tenants to discover Cohabs™, look for a room, apply for a room, subscribe to additional services, sign the rental agreement etc. It is the property of and is managed by Cohabs™ and its subsidiaries.
“Services“ means the delivery of accommodation services and Real Estate management through its Platform and on site services.
“Site“ means Cohabs’ website available via www.cohabs.com.
“User“ is any Tenant, future tenant or any other used that gives his email address on Cohabs™’ website.
Cohabs™ collects and processes two types of information: (i) information Users provide to us, and (ii) information relating to the User's use of the Platform (collectively the "Personal Data")
After you've registered to the Platform, we will collect additional information you may choose to provide to us on your Account, such as photos, descriptions of your interests, languages spoken, who you are, where you live and what you do for a living. Providing additional information helps other Users get to know you and fellow Cohabs members.
Additionally, we collect necessary information to prefill the rental agreements if you are moving into one of our rooms.
We may collect or process certain non-personal information or aggregated data about how and when you use the Platform. This information is usually of a technical nature (device settings and information, including but not limited to the type of browser, Operating System, keyboard language, screen resolution, IP address, location, etc.) and behavioral nature (the actions taken by you on the Platform, including but not limited to access times, pages requested, actions executed, etc.) and is used to compile statistical data about the Use of our Platform.
We may also collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback.
Cohabs™ only collects the Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. We require certain Personal Data to allow us to process your candidacy for a room on our Platform.
2. Beyond the collection of your Personal Data to provide the Service as a tenant manager, we may collect and use your Personal Data to:
- Improve user experience;
- Provide customer service;
- Perform marketing actions;
- Comply with legal and ethical requirements.
3. Tracking your use of the Platform will allow us to personalize our Service to your needs and identify potential new Services.
4. We will perform general customer administration of your Account by providing you with specific information and services available only to registered Users, sending you communications about the Platform (e.g. upcoming changes or improvements) as well as our other products and services and respond to your questions, treat your requests or troubleshoot any problems.
5. You can choose to opt-out of marketing promotions from Cohabs™ and/or third parties and/or mail/email correspondence from Cohabs) if you do not want that your Personal Data is used for any of the aforementioned purposes. If you do not want to receive commercial communications from us, you can choose to unsubscribe from such commercial communications at any time.
1. To payment parties - Cohabs™ transfers certain Personal Data, which includes information about your method of payment and booking, to the credit or debit card company that issued the credit card used for your booking. Cohabs™ would like to make you aware that these sites may have different security and privacy policies and that we have no control over and take no responsibility for any information contained in these sites. Cohabs™ will never share these Personal Data with other parties.
2. For legal purposes - We may also disclose or provide access to your Personal Data in order to comply with the law or in case of illegal use, when we receive orders from legal authorities, to enforce our policies, and to protect the rights, property and safety of our Users, us or others.
3. To trusted third parties - Third parties can access all information intended to be made public by you on your Profile and meal pages. Such information may contain Personal Information. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to any third party, unless you give your explicit permission. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Platform, conducting our business or servicing you (related to e.g.SaaS, payment processing), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and to process such information solely in accordance with the purposes set forth herein.
4. Third Party Websites - While using the Platform you may encounter links to third party websites and platforms. Please note that such third party websites are not related to the Platform, and we assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to privacy matters or any other legal matter with respect to such third party websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies and the terms and conditions of such websites.
1. In order to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Data on the Platform, we have implemented a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures conform with or exceeding industry standard technologies, in order to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data and ensure your online safety. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
2. You may not disclose to or share with any third parties your login details. Keeping your login details confidential and safe is your sole responsibility. If your password has been revealed or stolen, immediately inform us and report any privacy breach or abuse of login data by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Access to and modification or deletion of your Personal Data is free of charge. You may review, update, modify or delete your Personal Data at any time. Please promptly update your Personal Data if it changes. If you wish to delete your Account, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request. Personal Data added by you will be stored for six (6) months after you delete such Personal Data or delete your entire Account. Please note that any of User Generated Content you posted on the Platform will remain publicly viewable on the Platform after deletion of your Account.
We shall store your Personal Data on our service providers' servers located in the United States. This means your Personal Data may be processed on a server located outside the country where you live. By registering your Account on the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that the Personal Data that you provide, including sensitive personal information, may be transferred outside the country you live in.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's or mobile device's hard drive. They enable Cohabs to provide features such as remembering aspects of your room search to make subsequent searches faster. Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive if you wish. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that. Even without a cookie you can use most of the features on the website. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information relating to you.
Email address: email@example.com
Date of last revision: March 14, 2019.